Friday, March 23, 2012

perfume, deer, new stuff, etc.

I did something new last week, and bought perfume. I was at this store/salon for no particular reason other than that I'd taken a walk in that direction and like to pop into places like that to try free samples of stuff. Went to the perfume section and out of curiosity I sprayed some tester bottles onto the stand to smell. !!! Almost blew my nose out. Don't stand too close to those things!
One of the brands was named poison, a name which aptly described the sensation my nose was experiencing.
There was one, exactly one, that I really liked. It breathed many things and had warmth. There were many elements to the smell. They say vanilla is attractive. I never understood that until smelling this scent and recognizing it within the perfume.
I decided to do something new, just this once, and buy the stuff. No reason that makes sense. I don't really want anyone i know to smell it on me. The only person who took happy  notice of little things about me is someone I no longer see. So it was an entirely self-gratifying decision. Except that I'm wearing it when I sneak to a Perpetual Adoration chapel  in the middle of the night.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monstrance :)  Which makes the perfume special. :)
By the way, some use vanilla to attract deer. Pure-no corn syrup vanilla might repel mosquitoes. Neither is an issue where I live now, but if I ever move back home (northeast PA) ti might be interesting to test. Although there's minimal need to attract deer even if you're hunting since in some places deer arte breathing down people's necks.

No comments:

Post a Comment