Saturday, November 19, 2011

A Speculation About Affection

Here is a thought. I don't know if it is true, or not.
Maybe there is no real distinction between types of love; only between types of relationships.
It seems for me that, on the emotional level, there is sometimes only differences of intensity with regards to the people I love. But I think again about it, and am not sure. There is differences of degree of tenderness. There is differences with how much I think/obsess about the person. (I always obsess about something. I am not able to escape that; it seems to be an unshakable part of my personality.) But aren't differences of tenderness and frequency of thought, again, differences of degree? I suppose different types of love means different combinations of quantities of the elements of love.
I will do research on brain scans and stuff and see what turns up.

No comments:

Post a Comment